Thursday, January 10, 2008

 

Cancer and Sin...

When Lori, my skin Doctor, asked if the spot on my chest had changed in the past few months, I had to admit I didn't even know there was a spot there. She told me not to worry but she was going to take a sample. Then I got a message to call her back. That's not good. The office calls with good results... the Doctor calls when it's not so good. It was melanoma, but contained to the surface.

So we acted quickly and aggressively: the elders and our small group prayed for me and anointed me with oil, we did surgery to remove the cancer, and I will go back frequently to make sure it has not shown up anywhere else.

That is the same blueprint for getting rid of sin. You recognize it (even if someone else has to point it out), you get a spiritual support system to confess it to, you cut it out of your life, and you have an accountability system in place so it doesn't come back.

I think it works. The pathology came back clean after the surgery. And in my life I have used this same blueprint for my spiritual health. I know it works.

So thanks God for healing me physically, and thanks even more for my spiritual healing.

So... how about you? Any spiritual or physical surgery lessons?

Comments:
I don't react that way. I tend to indignantly deny it until I come to a point of despair.
 
Neither sin nor sickness get better by ignoring them.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?