Thursday, February 28, 2008

 

Back from Ecuador...

I am just back a couple of days from Ecuador. Herald of Truth did about five months of television across the nation last spring and summer, and followed that up with a couple of preaching campaigns. This was the follow-up trip to evaluate the effort and get input for future efforts.

I've got to tell you... Ecuador is beautiful. I spent most of my time in and around Quito in the Andes mountains. I saw lots of mountains, trees, and one volcano. Had a half dozen meetings and spoke four times while there. I got to spend quite a bit of time with Kent and Sharla Marcum. He heads up the Ecuador project and works with the school of preaching, a camp, children's home, and liaisons with six different mission teams in Ecuador, Columbia, and Bolivia. They are a great couple and I enjoyed getting to know them.

I also got to meet two of their three grown children. All three of them are doing ministry is South America. Two of them (and spouses) are on mission teams in Bolivia. The other, along with her husband, runs the camp. This family really is committed to taking the name of Jesus to Latin America.

The report from the churches was very encouraging. There are some seventy contacts still being worked and at least eight have been baptized that I know about. Very exciting.

So any of you know the Marcums, or been to Ecuador? What did you think?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?