Thursday, February 07, 2008

 

Practical lines of fellowship...

OK. For those who asked, and for those who didn't, here are some practical ways I determine lines of fellowship. I believe I can - and should - draw lines of fellowship for brothers or sisters who intentionally continue in homosexual activities. I believe Scripture is clear on this, and where I believe Scripture is clear I will draw lines of fellowship. However, I would not make a test of fellowship over someone who struggles with this sin and seeks repentance and forgiveness. I think Scripture is clear there also.

I could not make instrumental worship a test of fellowship because if it were that important, God would have been much clearer in the teaching of worship and instruments. That is not to say that I think there are no arguments to be made on either side. It is to say I am uncomfortable drawing a line on an issue where I am not sure God did.

One other comment on the instrumental issue from a discussion with someone a few nights ago. I was told that some younger Christians would not worship at a non-instrumental congregation because this simply had to be a non-issue. It seems to me that they just made it a big issue. If it is not an issue, I can worship with or without the instrument. If I refuse to worship with a congregation because they have - or don't have - instruments... then I have made it an issue.

Anyone that picks a church home based on whether or not they use instruments may be focused on the wrong thing altogether.

Just my opinion. Feel free to weigh in.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?