Thursday, March 06, 2008

 

One last Ecuador story...

I thought I would share one more Ecuador story I heard last week. When Herald of Truth did a nation wide television program there last spring and summer, one of the churches received a call from a family in a town thirty miles away. The preacher and his wife went that very afternoon to meet with them. It was on a Saturday. Good thing it wasn't in the States because most of our preachers take Saturday off. Just kidding... sort of.

Anyway, they began a series of studies with the parents and their 15 year old son. The son made the first decision to be baptized. In addition to driving in to worship on weekends with his family, the young man - Jonathan Monroy - rides the bus in once a week for further studies in new Christian discipleship.

The mom has now expressed interest in becoming a Christian and they expect the Dad to make this decision also. He is catching up on the studies he missed due to his work as a commercial fisherman.

Neat story. It helped remind me that there are people all over this world looking for good news. And they will respond. And they will make sacrifices. And they will be committed.

So what are we doing - what am I doing - so this same kind of thing happens in the United States, or Texas, or Abilene, or on the hill where I live.

Well, just thought I'd share. Leaving in the morning for Cuba. See you after I get back.

Comments:
Thinking Raul and Fidel could use a huge dose of the Good News...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?