Monday, March 17, 2008

 

A Salute to Parents of Preschoolers

We kept Jake and Avery this weekend. It was great and we had lots of fun. But they wore me out...and Mimi did most of the work. I did OK with the puzzles, the eating, the zoo and the play time. What I forgot about was how hard it is to get ready for church. I know we used to do it when ours were little, but it must have been all Mom and not me.

I forgot that little boys like to run around in their diaper when its time to get ready. Sleep schedules don't quite fit my schedule anymore. And surely it doesn't always take two adults to keep up with two little ones. If we ever keep all four grandkids together we'll be outnumbered and may have to surrender.

It did make me thank God for all of you who are raising preschoolers. And it really made me think of those who are doing it as single parents. In the midst of all the upheaval and stress, try to treasure these days. Be thankful for the blessing that your children are. Continue to teach them about Jesus.

Be thankful you are young. We have the wisdom but not the energy. You have the energy (most days) and God will give you the wisdom. All of which is good because in a few years...

they will be teenagers. :)

So God... bless all the parents of your little ones. Give the parents wisdom and strength during long hard days. Help them always see the joy of your gifts in their children. And thanks for our four grandkids. It's fun to live again the joy we see in them.

Comments:
My children are truly a mental challenge somedays, but thankfully I am not hauling in and out of car seats, bathtubs, highchairs, and onesies, changing diapers, preparing meals, and feeding. That made my body VERY tired.

I do miss the rocking, though. And the absence of vocabulary and eye-rolling.
 
I am tired just from reading about your weekend.

Aren't they wonderful though? I don't know how you managed with two. My one wears me down when I keep her. Luckily, she is easiest to get ready on Sunday because she loves going to "Bibull cass".
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?