Friday, April 04, 2008

 

7 Days of Prayer

Last Monday at 7 AM on the campus of ACU, a number of students, staff, and Christians around Abilene began a week of 24 hour around the clock prayer. This effort is student led and organized. There is a tent with stations, journals, maps, art pads, Bibles, and other aids to praying.

It was my privilege to speak this morning to a tent full of students and faculty about the power of prayer that enabled the first century church to boldly proclaim the message of Jesus to the whole world.

I hope we will do something similar at Southern Hills.

I can only imagine what God will do thru this. He will take ordinary men and women and do extraordinary things. Already during this time he has worked in the lives of individual students as they have made commitments to battle sin in their lives, or to speak to friends about Jesus, or to live radical lives for him in this world.

I was impressed by the passion and commitment for Jesus I saw among these students. It made me fired up to see what great things God will do next in my life.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?