Tuesday, May 20, 2008

 

35 years with Marsha, Mom, and Mimi...

Yesterday Marsha and I celebrated 35 years of marriage. In that time she has gone from wife to Mom to Mimi. That is a long time together. Life with her is still fun, exciting, and I'd be happy to get another 35 years together. Probably won't, but you never know. So since this was one of the big numbered years, I thought about what it is that has made it so special. And why it is that we are so happy? So here is my free wisdom and advice for today.

God has always been there. Always.

We still like hanging out together. I don't know anyone I would rather spend time with than her.

She still lights up the room when she comes into it. She still makes my heart race.

Tough times don't last. Tough people do. Every marriage goes thru those really hard times. Sometimes it's your fault, sometimes it's their fault, and sometimes it's Satan...or life. I hope you married a keeper. I did. Anyone can make it thru the good times. Marsha is someone who has helped me thru the tough times. I believe we can make it thru about anything together... and we have.

I look at her, and our kids, and grandkids and I am amazed at how good God has been to me.

So if it was so great, how did we celebrate our big weekend? We had all the kids and grandkids together Friday and Saturday. Helped host the elder's breakfast on Sunday for our graduating Seniors at church. Went out to eat. Went to a show. Bought some shower gifts (wedding and baby). Had three long shepherding calls (I know, but I did finally turn off the phone). Did three shepherding visits. All unplanned, just people we ran into. I did one, she did one, and one we did together. Had a couple over to plan a wedding. Set up a Bible study with a seeker who has been visiting Southern Hills.

One of the best weekends of my life. Pretty ordinary but so special. All because of who I got to share it with.

Hope your next anniversary is just as extraordinary as mine was.

Comments:
Happy Anniversary!
 
Sometimes the milestone of just one more year of making it is big doin's. Celebrate each one hard. Happy Anniversary!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?