Tuesday, October 28, 2008

 

ACU Homecoming

Well we survived it. Had a great weekend. The Friday night Carnival was great. All four grandkids loved it. Andrew (not quite one year old) was fascinated by the donkey at the Petting Corral. I could barely keep him from going over the rail to pet it more. Anna bonded with one goat in particular and fed him a whole cup of treats. Jake considerately asked each goat if they were hungry first. And Avery wanted to touch them all until she got close and then it was "no thanks".

Galaxy breakfast was fun because I got to see so many guys I have known over the years. Parade was great. Lots of visiting and lots of fun for the grandkids. We won the game of course.

Went to my 35th reunion Saturday nite. Odd, but we mostly visited with Abilene people we don't get to see very often. Not a very big crowd. Very expensive. I will consider our two meal tickets as a contribution to ACU.

Sunday finished with a great day at church. Good crowds, a baptism, and my Chapel class went well. We got to introduce and bless Ricky Pruitt, our new Youth Minister. Finished the day with small group at our house.

So what was the best part of Homecoming? It was the people. Having all the kids around, seeing people I have shared life with over the years. Realizing I like my life now better than any time in the past and expecting I will be able to say that for the rest of my life.

Finally... I am glad Marsha still looks good, she still makes my eyes light up when I see her. I was tickled by the friend I hadn't seen in 30 years who said I still sounded the same, was still funny, and was glad I was still preaching. They didn't mention my looks.

Hope your weekend was good too.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?