Tuesday, November 18, 2008

 

Goodbye Remington

Many of you have come to know Remington, our Golden Retriever, over the last 13 years. He first belonged to Joe Don and then we inherited him. Many of you remember him from the back porch counseling sessions when he would sit right in the middle of us. He liked to be part of the prayer circles in the Living Room. He provided lots of good sermon illustrations and has been the subject of articles and programs.

I always felt good about having Rem home when I had to leave town. I knew he would protect Marsha with his life. I always liked coming home to see him. His tail always wagged and he always smiled at me. He was a good running buddy and always glad to listen when I needed to talk things thru.

Over the last two weeks, he suffered several strokes and we finally realized his quality of life was not fair to him. So Jim, our friend and Vet, put him down. I want to thing he is running in the fields of a new creation with Jaxon, Bella, Sandy, Winston, and all the other dogs we have loved and had to see leave this life.

Marsha has grieved over him because I was out of town the day he died. When her little buddy Jaxon, the dog we inherited from Julie, died, Marsha still had Rem. Now we have no dogs. And he was her last connection with when the kids were at home. And he kept her company when was out on my preaching trips.

So we're sad. But we have great memories. He was great with the grandkids. He was glad to see all of you when you came to the house. He was the best dog we ever had.

He was a great dog and a good friend.

Comments:
This makes me very sad. I just love having a dog who is ALWAYS happy to see me. So long, Remmy...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?