Tuesday, December 16, 2008

 

Diary of a sick man...

Wednesday morning: very productive. Lots of work on a manuscript, productive meeting and emails on a couple of HoT projects, couple of elder agenda items for night meeting.

Wed. lunch: out with Todd for his 50th b'day. Great Chile Rellanos. Nice. Barely get back to office. Have to stop at bathroom. Assume Rellanos not so great. Not feeling so good. Must be something ate. Not so productive. On very good terms with bathroom.

Wed. 5:00 Go to Grandpa's 81st birthday. Cake doesn't taste good. Decide to lay down in back room. Call Marsha on cell phone from back (she is in front room). Want her to tell me why I don't feel good. she explains. Cannot use her exact words. Cancel all my meetings.

Wed Nite and Thursday: Someone left air conditioner on at house. Must be why I am so cold. Take hot bath. Hot water not helping. Wife reminds me that the left is for hot right is for cold. Soap seems to be wrapped in sandpaper. Weird.

Can't sleep. Lying down in bathroom easier. No one has ever been this sick. Marsha leaves for school. Something wrong with clocks because I have been sick for several days already. Drinking Pepto from bottle. Easier than that stupid cup. Marsha suggests I don't have to call with updates every hour.

Thursday nite: I must have something really bad and she doesn't want to tell me. Maybe it's my heart, or cancer, or I have finally picked up some exotic disease on my travels. Probably dead by morning. Bet she will wish she was more sympathetic. I always am. I'm sure of it. On second thought, I really love her. Wake her up to tell her. Not one of my best ideas but I am delirious.

Friday: Feeling better. Maybe I can get some work done. Stupid. Have soup. Not bad.

Saturday: Much better. I have faced death and survived. Most men would have whined and cried like a baby. Very proud of myself. Tell Marsha so. I guess she didn't hear me.

Sunday: Getting stronger. Tell Marsha what would really help me get well. She says something about being out of my mind. Will not repeat other things thought I heard.

Monday: Back at work. Feel good. Realize how glad I am that I have Marsha to take care of me. Decide best thing was not medicine or rest but grandkids praying for me.

Have decided I will never be sick again. Having Chile Rellanos tonite I hope.

Comments:
OK, I did not know you had decided to become a comedian! Sorry you have been so ill, glad you made it back from the dead, happy you could find the humor in it all (hope Marsha finds this as funny!).

Chili Rellanos again so soon? I think maybe you are not as recovered as you think you are!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?