Tuesday, January 20, 2009

 

Hello everybody, Hallelujah...

I'm not sure why but our grandson Jake has started using "Hello everybody, hallelujah" as his favorite greeting. I have heard him use while climbing into air castles, when entering a classroom, and when getting out of the tub. He has said it at our house, his house, Rainbow Bible school, at church, and at birthday parties. He said Daddy says Hallelujah, but I have no idea why the rest of this is his favorite phrase now.

OK. Enough of the cute Jake story that isn't cute to anyone else except family. But this is more than that, it is about me trying to hear God's voice in different places, including Jake. I think this is a greeting I should use more in my life. I want to include everyone in the circle my life. I do want to greet brothers and sisters, friends and family. But I also want to greet waitresses and neighbors and visitors and lonely people and hurting people. And I want to say Hallelujah more. I want God to get the glory.

In fact, I may use this one day in the call to worship or even communion thoughts.

Thanks Jake.

So... hello everybody. Hallelujah.

Comments:
Well, I must be family because I think all your grandchildren are pretty cute too!

I believe we can learn to witness from our little ones. They don't worry about what people will think of them if they speak what is on their minds. I have seen MM tell people waiting in the doctors office what she learned in Bible class that week or sing praise as loud as she can from the grocery cart.

If only we felt so "free" to do these things.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?