Tuesday, January 06, 2009

 

Random thoughts from the holidays...

... Grandkids are the best and they get more fun every year.

... the greatest joy I have is knowing my children are faithful, active Christians and that they are intentional about passing that faith on to their children.

... to have all four of our parents alive and functional is very rare. We are blessed.

... The combined service at the Civic Center for the whole Southern Hills family was special. Lots of visitors. Some seeking. But it is not enough to know they were there. Someone has to say something to them. God is doing a great work in and thru Southern Hills.

... Marsha and I spent New Year's Eve alone. Family in other places. Friends scattered. Had a good time. She is clearly out of my league. Lucky me.

... Jake had his third birthday party. If we can keep all those kids together, he and Avery are going to be part of an awesome youth group someday. There are lots of neat kids that age from good families hanging out at SH.

... I do like giving more than getting.

... And what was I thinking when I got talked into being chairman of the elders for next year.

So how were your holidays?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?