Tuesday, February 17, 2009

 

El Salto report...

Almost 200 black bass in 3 days. We caught 1 over 8 lbs., 2 over 9 lbs., one over 11 lbs., and 1 beasticon that went 12 lbs., 5 oz. Probably 15-20 between 5 and 7 pounds.

We caught them all on plastic worms. We also lost more worms than anyone we talked to. We hung them on brush, rocks, trees, and shoreline. But we caught more -- and bigger -- than anyone we talked to. We threw worms where the fish we wanted to catch were. We could have caught several in the easy places to cast, but we wanted the big ones. Lots of big ones. So there was some trouble, it wasn't easy, and we got tired. but we caught fish.

Dawns on me that must be how God felt when he sent Jesus into this world. Not an easy place, hard to do... but where the people he wanted were.

We also ate really well. Slept in a cabin right by the ocean (and near several goats who enjoyed vigorous conversation early in the morning. Lake El Salto was beautiful. Loved watching the Mexican ducks. Reminded me why I worship God as the great Creator.

Best part of all was time with Joe Don. We spent a lot of time together in the outdoors while he was growing up. It was great for me to do it again with him. Great conversations about living as people of God in this world. He taught me a lot. I look forward to his stories of spending that time with his son Andrew. And, if God grants me life and health, I look forward to time with JD, Andrew, Bobby, and Jake spent in the outdoors.

God is so good to me. Thanks God.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?