Tuesday, March 24, 2009

 

Blog awards

The Tulsa Soul Winning Workshop has an awards luncheon this year for best Christian blogs. I continue to marvel at the new and different ways to communicate (and enjoy community) that new media offers. There are life experience blogs, theological blogs, practical ministry blogs, and all kinds in between. Even with this blog, I am amazed at the people I encounter who read it... and I had no idea.

Some of my favorite blogs got nominated for these awards. Sarah Stirman, from Southern Hills, was nominated in the Best Woman's Blogger category. Sarah is a gifted writer and a good friend. http://sarahstirman.blogspot.com/ And yes, I know there is a way to make this a live link. I just don't remember how right now and am too busy to look it up. Sarah also does a great thing for our congregation that you may want to do. She maintains a blog roll on our Southern Hills website so members can check out our bloggers. Several women are listed, plus a couple of ministers, and one elder. Pretty cool.

And some of my favorite bloggers did not get nominated. Tim Archer has a great blog that deals with theological issues in a practical, brief way that is enlightening and helpful. http://www.timothyarcher.com/kitchen/ I know, this too should be a live link. It makes me wonder how many great blogs are out there that i don't know about. How does anyone have time to read them all?

Blogging, Facebook, My Space, Twitter, IM, texting, and on it goes. Some of these I am involved in, some not. Some I see value in, some I just don't get yet. So how do we use these for ministry, community, evangelism? And at this point, I am not thinking about Herald of Truth or Southern Hills, but about each of us as individuals. What great tools. What great responsibility. I wonder if the apostles would have a facebook page? Would Jesus twitter?

I think so. And yes I would subscribe to the Jesus feed.

See you in about a week. I am off for Cuba Thursday morning.

Comments:
So many people blogging about Tulsa. I will have to make sure to be there next year. Those blog awards really opened my eyes to some really good blogs. I think it was a great idea and some really deserving people got the credit they were due.

I also think Tim does an excellent job. We will have to nominate him next time around!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?