Wednesday, April 22, 2009

 

On the road again...

Spent last weekend at the West Broward church of Christ in the Miami area for a weekend youth rally. I really enjoyed it. I know that someday I will have to grow up but I still really enjoy doing youth rallies. Spent time with Brett and Lydia Shannon. Brett is the Youth Minister and doing a great job. Saw lots of excited young people, lots of committed parents and youth leaders, and -- as always -- God was there.

I'll be in Buenos Aires this weekend working on a Herald of Truth project. We are helping the church put together a media blitz to generate contacts through offering a free booklet. Tim Archer, my co-worker put the booklet together. It presents the gospel story and has a couple of pages on what to expect when visiting a church of Christ. We include local contact information as well as links to our Spanish evangelistic site, www.nuestraesparanza.org. I am doing a seminar for couples Saturday night and then preaching for one of the local congregations Sunday. Hope they have a translator since Tim will be preaching at one of the other churches that morning.

I will be home about one week then off to the Pepperdine lectureship. After that, I am home for a while. Woohoo.

Thanks for all of you who pray for me on these trips. I appreciate the prayers for safety and for receptive hearts.

I will preach HIP tonite and next week as we wind down the semester. These last few weeks I am sharing the pulpit with Gary Green. I really enjoy that. Just like Tim, Gary is good friend who is passionate about sharing his faith with a lost world. I am blessed to get to do ministry with guys like that.

Boy is God good.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?