Thursday, April 30, 2009

 

Swine Bronchitis?

OK. It is true I am sick. In fact, I didn't preach HIP last nite so you know I must be really sick. I have bronchitis. And I am fairly certain it is not swine flu, tho somehow that might be appropriate. I was in Argentina, not Mexico. I am feeling better tho if I talk more than two minutes I start coughing. I expect to be well and at church Sunday. Looking forward to teaching the Chapel class and being involved in the mission blessing at both services.

However, speaking of Swine Flu... Texas and Alabama are canceling sports events. Evidently there is no vaccine to prevent this strain. CDC has elevated the threat to the second highest level. So will it be an epidemic? Will more people become ill? Will some die? And why am I not worried?

Because as a Christian, I know it will be OK. Really. We can ask God to spare us. He has more power than science and vaccines. If He chooses not to spare us, we have a chance to show the world how Christians face a crisis. And if we die, we go home. Why worry when your future is guaranteed?

I am praying for it not to be an epidemic. But if it is, I am praying for God to empower his people with courage to sieze the opportunity to be salt and light in this world.

so in the meantime, thanks for worrying about me, praying for me, and checking up on me.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?