Friday, May 22, 2009

 

Health update...

For those who have not heard...

About a month ago I had some routine medical screenings done. Two weeks ago I get off the plane in LA for the Pepperdine lectures and find I have a voice mail from the lab telling me to call them because they would like to get my results to me quicker than normal. That's not what you want to hear. So I call and they tell me the Sonogram shows an obstruction on my kidney so I need to see my Dr. as soon as possible. I ask if it's an emergency since I am not near my Dr. They say "no, but I would get in to see him ASAP." Well, OK.

So... long story short. More extensive ultrasound. Appears to be blockage but maybe not on kidneys, so CT scan next. Meanwhile, we are praying that it goes away. I am having no symptoms. No pain, no "old man" issues. Nothing. Dr., who I go to church with and grew up with my kids, is calm and reassuring. I am thinking optimistically: if it is a kidney and it's bad... well, I only need one.

CT scan results: I have a cyst on each of my kidneys. But they are simple cysts so rarely malignant. Still no symptoms. Final decision: unless symptoms manifest, we will do CT scan periodically and see if cysts change. All in all, since God has not yet taken them away... it is about as good as I could hope for.

What did I learn? Don't take health for granted. Keep preaching, teaching, writing, shepherding, and talking about Jesus. Never know how much time is left and I will do that till life ends here. God is in control. Be thankful. Nice to know that the worst that can happen still ends up with me in heaven. Also good to periodically have to see if your life matches your preaching. Glad it does.

For those who knew about this... thanks for praying. For those who didn't... I know you would have.

God is good. Now and forever.

Comments:
Steve,

I didn't know about any issues, but I am glad to hear that everything appears to be fine, and that you and Dr. "E-Z" are staying proactive.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?