Friday, July 24, 2009

 

God and our new dog...

Most of you know that some time ago our Golden Retriever, Remington, died. It took us a while to get over the grief but about six weeks ago we started praying for God to help us find another Golden. Some may wonder about praying for a dog, but Marsha and I are committed to pray about everything and really learn to seek God's will and His blessing on all our plans.

So a couple of days ago, she saw an ad in the paper for Golden Retriever puppies. We had already decided we really wanted to feel good about where we found a puppy and we had decided there was a certain price we could not go beyond.

So she calls and introduces herself to the seller. Turns out the lady's husband and I used to work together. They are believers and a really good family. Marsha asked how much. She replied with a figure considerably above our price. But then said since she knew we would be a good home... and then named the exact figure we had decided.

So how do we think that is a God thing? We prayed. We decided on criteria that would serve as signs so God's will would be clear. And we believe God answered. So our family now has a brand new addition. His name is Lucky -- and we define Lucky as God's hand worked in this. Providence or Blessed or God Worked just seemed hard to use as a dog's name.

So, he is "lucky" to have us. And we are "lucky" to have him.

This is how we think Christians live faithful to the will of God in this world. Ask, set clear markers to know God's will, act on it.

Thanks God for Lucky.

Comments:
Oh, how blessed is Lucky! Can't wait to meet the sweet puppy! We love puppies at our house. Yes, I have prayed over my dog -- this week, actually. Why wouldn't I? I pray over my car, my bills, and other things important to me, and my dog brings me much more joy than either of those things!
 
That was actually me, signed in as my son. *sigh* I need a Lucky keeping me straight!
 
Very clever Sarah. I need to learn how to post under someone else's name. Love praying over every part of our lives. And boy, Lucky is all puppy right now.
 
Great news about Lucky. By any chance were his owners part of a roofing family?
 
Can't wait to meet the new addition to our clan! We are happy our kids will have a dog again through you!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?