Monday, July 27, 2009

 

Heading to Zambia...

Once again, I find myself hustling to get ready to leave town. This time I leave tomorrow for Zambia. I will be preaching multiple times over four days and teaching leadership and evangelism seminars. Herald of Truth is distributing around 800 Bibles in Chechewa, the local dialect. We give these to church leaders to distribute. We also are providing several thousand pamphlets, Let Me Tell You about Jesus and His Church, in the native language.

I love these trips because I am doing evangelistic preaching. I like telling the story of Jesus to non-believers. I enjoy worshiping with Christians in different cultures. So much is different. So much more is the same. I am so blessed to get to share my faith like this.

I hate these trips because the travel is brutal. I don't sleep on planes so I will be going on two days of no sleep when I hit the ground. Even for a high energy guy that's tough. Maybe I'm getting old. Nah. I get frustrated that I can't stay longer. I miss Mimi. Maybe someday Marsha will be able to do some of these trips with me.

Things I am curious about: the brethren want me to stay at the guest house. These have proven to be fascinating over the years. Some really OK, some ... well, interesting. I wonder what the "special" preacher food will be. So far my favorite has been fresh beef liver with rice. My least favorite was sharing the same plate and fork with 8 9r 9 other preachers.

Must remember: Black mamba= not good. Beat water before baptism (not weird theology, crocodile deterrent). Peanut butter crackers, Handi-wipes, extra shorts in pack.

See you in a couple of weeks.

Comments:
Can you pack me in somewhere?
 
Hi Steve! This is Zack Blaisdell. I am so excited you are blogging! How exciting! I will definitely tell my parents you are on here. I am confident they will regularly visit your blog. I will definitely be back to read more too. I have been to Africa three times now (Togo once and Cameroon twice). I have been in western Africa before, but never eastern Africa. It's a lot different I hear. I feel your pain about not being able to sleep on planes. I can't either. I'll be praying for you to have safe travels. God bless.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?