Thursday, July 16, 2009

 

Thinking about Scottie

Scottie is in ICU. He has pneumonia, low blood pressure, and high heart rate. He is a grown man but in terms of his physical and mental development, he is like an infant. His parents have to provide around the clock care for him. In many ways, their life revolves around the physical needs of their son. Vacations, social life, even getting to worship, are all difficult for Mom and Dad. It has been this way for years.

And they knew it when they adopted him. The agency even told them they did not have to go thru with the adoption. But they figured they would treat Scottie just like they would if he had been theirs by birth.

Some of you know Danny and Kathy Minton. I am thankful for what they have taught me about God's adoption of me as his son. God knew all my problems and issues and adopted me anyway. I understand more about God's love and faithfulness by knowing them. Danny is a preacher and an elder. And my friend. But his best sermon is the life he and Kathy chose with Scottie.

Just thought it might be worth thinking about today.

Comments:
First, Scottie will be in our prayers.

What a comparison of how God loves us. Makes it very real.

Thier sermon is about the best I've ever heard, anywhere.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?