Friday, October 02, 2009

 

Ramblings about sharing my faith...

Random questions and thoughts I have had lately about sharing the story of Jesus.

... have I really told the Jesus story if no one listened?

... response is not my responsibility.

... is the ability to be an effective evangelist a learned skill -- or a gift?

... I really believe most Christians want the lost to know Jesus.

... so why do so few of us do anything about it?

... is it OK if some are ground breakers, some are seed sowers, some water, and some harvest?

... is it a "mission" trip if you dig a water well but don't talk to anyone about Jesus?

... I like it that our elders at Southern Hills are requiring everyone that receives support from us for mission trips is required to be able to tell their Jesus story and do a gospel presentation.

... I like it that we don't require any particular presentation, just that gospel is shared.

... I think I'm right to keep insisting that it about people not programs.

... I am sure there are other valuable spiritual calls, but I am OK with being fanatical about our call to share our story.

... the older I get, the less time I want to spend doing anything other than working with the lost and motivating and equipping others to do the same.

These are just my reflections for what they are worth. Maybe they will help you. Reactions? Thoughts?

Comments:
The Good News...we lost that somewhere along the way but I for one think a time of revival is at hand. If we are to keep our nation intact we must once again rediscover our roots and become "One Nation Under God". The fields are white and who cares who planted ....let's share Jesus and reap the harvest. Thanks Steve for sharing your thoughts here but more importantly...thanks for always being willing to share Jesus.
 
Good stuff, Ridgell!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?