Tuesday, October 27, 2009

 

Things I love about being an elder...

We are starting elder selection at Southern Hills and since we all existing elders go thru the selection process, I have been thinking about what I love about being an elder. And for all of you considering this calling, maybe this will be helpful.

... I love the elder blessings over new Christians.

... I love it when the elders bless ministries and servant leaders.

... I love our prayer time when we pray for our flock.

... I love annointings and prayers for healings.

... I love broken marriages on our couch seeking healing.

... I love broken brothers sitting on my back porch asking how I made it.

... I love praying over houses, rooms, schools, and workplaces.

... I love it when Marsha and I pray over new babies.

... I love getting down in the trenches with hurting, wounded, and scarred Christians. Hate it that they are there. Love helping them get out.

... I love blessing missionaries.

... I love praying over wanderers coming home.

And I know you don't have to be an elder to do some of these, but there is something powerful about doing these as an elder. And as an elder's wife. Because without Marsha, I wouldn't be any good at any of it.

It is too easy to remind myself of what I don't like as an elder, so I thought I would remind myself of what I love about it.

Comments:
...and you do it SO well, my friend!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?