Thursday, December 10, 2009

 

Grandpa's birthday...

Today is Don Herttenberger's (my father-in-law) birthday. I know some are thinking I have to say nice things about him to stay on Marsha's good side. But actually, I want to use this to say how much I love and appreciate Grandpa. I really do have two Dads. He really does treat me like a son., not a son-in-law.

I have learned a lot from him. I watch how he loves Granny and takes care of her. I see how he loves the church -- not in the abstract, but in real tangible ways. I see how much he loves his family.

I go to him for elder advice. I know he is not an elder at Southern Hills, but he has a lot of wisdom... so I listen to him.

So Grandpa, happy 82nd birthday. I pray God gives you more years to lead our family. I have lots more to learn from you.

I love you.

Comments:
Wonderful tribute to a very fine man...I think that Bob thought the same about my dad. What an amazing gift! Our God is good!
 
diddo my father in law...diddo!
 
Grandpa is just the best! We are all truly blessed to have him! What a fun b-day party!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?