Friday, January 29, 2010

 

I Cried Today...

Some of you know that I am a crybaby, but I have got to share this with you. Right before the holidays I baptized Brittney, a college student. I do my evangelism by sharing stories -- stories from Scripture, from my life, from others. She was so excited to hear many of the Bible stories for the first time.

She is one of my Facebook friends and just a few minutes ago she posted her status. It was about reading the story of the plagues in Exodus last night. "Awesome stories".

So here is why I cried. She is so excited to read the great things God has done. Some of us who have been Christians for a while sometimes lose that excitement. And I cried because there are so many more out there who would be amazed at God stories if we would just tell them.

And I cried for joy because I am so happy for Brittney. She has only begun the journey and God will continue to amaze her for years to come.

He still amazes me. So thanks Brittney for reminding me that God is awesome. Always has been. Always will be.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?