Friday, January 08, 2010

 

Jake's turning four...

My grandson, Jake Gilbreth, is turning four Saturday. I could do lots of the cute grandkid stuff (even about all four of them), but I want to tell you what I like about Jake.

I like it that his favorite thing to do is fish with Pops.

I like it that he loves dogs, not cats.

I like it that he likes to sing church songs.

I like it that he identifies Southern Hills as "his church".

I like it that he is so protective of his little sister.

I like that he loves his cousins, Anna and Andrew.

I like it that he holds "sissy's" hand when they go down front for the kid's offering.

I like it that at Christmas dinner he led the family prayer. Baby Jesus, Mommy, Sissy, Anna, Andrew, and Mimi got special mention.

I like it that he already talks about God and Jesus. Lots.

So what do I want to see in the next few years? The same thing you want for you kids and grandkids: I just want him to keep knowing Jesus more and more. Everything else will take care of itself.

In fact, I think that's what I want for me too.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?