Tuesday, March 23, 2010

 

Back from Cuba...

Great trip. Don'd even know where to begin with thoughts and reactions from my fourth trip to this country. So here goes a snapshot of reactions and thoughts.

...I am rich. Marsha always worries that I am going to come back and sell our house. I'm not... but I am more motivated to focus on how to use what God has given us.

... The church thrives under persecution. Most of our churches aren't growing. Some of us are swelling by moving members around, but we are not reaching lost people. They do in Cuba. By the hundreds. I wonder if we are not persecuted here because we are no threat. Ouch.

... We have got to get everyone involved in reaching the lost or in stregthening new converts. Quit focusing on ourselves and reach lost people.

... I have to be careful that I do not get too frustrated with consumer Christians who want church the way they like it to stay... or to change. I just can't waste time with people who don't really get it. Or worse, don't want to get it.

... Met a Cuban soldier at the preacher training. He is an active Christian. I have American soldiers in my flock at Southern Hills. They are active Christians. What happens if we go to war with Cuba?

...Most of their preachers and evangelists are self-supported or part-time. Calling versus career. Ministers versus evangelists. Passion or profession?

... God called me to reach people. To shepherd people. It is not about buildings, or programs, or worship styles.

... People all over this world are lost in sin, struggling to live as redeemed people, learning to trust God to give them their daily bread. That is where Jesus would have us spend our time.

OK. I am sure I will get over it.

But God help me... I don't want to get over it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?