Tuesday, March 09, 2010

 

Jasmine and the Garden of Prayer

Mimi and Mommy were both sick last Sunday, so Daddy and Pops were watching Jake and Avery during church until time for Kid's Praise. First lesson: Mom and Mimi are better at doing that than Dad and Pops. In an effort to keep Avery entertained, I let her put a big Princess Jasmine sticker on my hand. She liked it. I forgot about it.

I worked the Garden of Prayer as I always do -- seeing people, praying with people, lifting my hand in praise. You know where this is going, don't you? Jasmine was with me the entire Garden of Prayer. Several people pointed it out afterward. Every parent or grandparent of little "princesses" got it. I would imagine some of the other people wondered (esp. if they got a good look at Jasmine).

So what's the point of this story? I am glad people see that at Southern Hills one of our elders has a Jasmine sticker. I think I'm glad someone like Jasmine was in the Garden of Prayer. Maybe a visitor, or one of our flock in trouble, will realize that we are real people. Just like them.

Anyway, another of those "you won't believe one of our elders..."stories. I'm glad I'm one of those elders. Glad I am a Pops elder.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?