Tuesday, March 02, 2010

 

Jenny and ... Cuba

I heard the news on the same day about an hour apart. I had been praying, as had many of you, for Jenny Bizaillian. I didn't really know Jenny but I felt like I did. I know her folks. I knew her brother Josh from when he was here at ACU. Her other brother, Jonathon Ross, led worship at Southern Hills for several years. He led for me at HIP on Wednesdays. Jonathon sang at my daughter's wedding and played a recording of he and Jenny singing "How Beautiful".

Jenny was having a tough time. A young wife, a mother, and the same age as my kids. In fact, she was a Kojie around the same time as Julie and Jamie. When I got the call that she had gone home to be with the Lord forever, I found myself with mixed emotions. So sad for her family. So glad she knew Jesus and they would not grieve like those who have no hope. Reminded me that we live in a fallen world, reminded me that this world is not our home. Reminded me that it could have been one of my girls.

At about the same time, we here at Herald of Truth recieved a brief email from Cuba. Tony Fernandez had traveled across the island to visit some people who had responded to our radio broadcasts. Four of them were baptized and now a new church meets in that town in one of their homes. Elation. Reminded that God is doing incredible things in difficult places. Reminded of the power of God's Word. Thankful for a Savior who came to this world.

But all week I keep linking Jenny and Cuba in my mind. Maybe that is wierd, but when I think of one I think of the other. And here is why I think I connect them...

Jenny was a believer because of the power of Jesus and comes from a family of faith. These Cubans are beleivers because of the power of Jesus and now they are starting a legacy of family faith. Jenny endured a very difficult time in this life. So does my family in Cuba. I really did know Jenny because of our shared family. Just like I know the Cuban brethren. I hope to see my new family in Cuba when I am there in a few weeks. But if not, I'll meet them in heaven.

And now I get it. Jenny will know her Cuban family someday. We will all live together forever someday. Someday. So Jenny -- thanks for being such an example of faith in this world. I pray that my Cuban friends will do the same.

And for my Cuban brothers -- be faithful until death and you will get to live with a special lady forever.

Me, Jenny, and four Cubans. Someday.

Comments:
Thanks, Steve, for bringing Kingdom events into proper perspective.
 
Well said, brother.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?