Wednesday, April 21, 2010

 

Who Preaches Follow-up

I've had several interesting questions and observations about the multi-voice model for preaching. So let me share some more ideas.

I think there still needs to be a lead speaker. Someone who sets the direction, does the initial work out of the text, and who organizes the structure for this model.

Yes it is harder on the Minister of the Word to lead in a model like this. It is always easier to do it all yourself.

No I don't think every one of the "preachers" has to be paid. Some might be, most might not be.

This model is dependent on being able to subjugate egos. It is critical for the leader, and for those who are frequently utilized.

I don't think you "lower" the standards for the pulpit. Care would still need to be used in terms of who the multiple voices are.

I don't think the lead speaker determines who are the other voices. I would think a ministry team, or the elders, would need to have strong input in this.

No I don't think this model will catch on anytime soon. It is scary for elders, different for church members, and threatening for many pulpit ministers.

Yes, if I were preaching somewhere I would want this model. And I believe in it if I am not the lead speaker, just one of the other voices. Or not one of the other voices.

Yes there are churches using differnt versions of this model, but usually on Sunday nights, or in venues like HIP.

So share more of your ideas. Comment on the blog or on Facebook, or engage me in conversation.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?