Monday, June 28, 2010

 

Disneyworld and Jesus...

Marsha and I spent last week at Disneyworld with the kids and grandkids. This is something we had planned for Marsha's retirement and have been saving for. It was great. I thought I would share some things I saw that made me think of Jesus.

People love fairy tales and happy endings. Everyone parent thinks their little girl is a princess. For most of this world, that is not going to happen. But it does for Christians. Life is blessed, wonderful, and happy. We do live happily ever after. If you think Disneyworld is great... just wait until heaven.

The "It's A Small World After All" ride is incredible. It shows how our world is connected, people are the same all over, and we should live together in harmony. Jesus died so that dream could be a reality. Jesus made real what Disney only imagined.

I love family church. Jake, who is 4, led songs for us. Kids all sang. Bobby helped Jake lead the closing prayer. Realized that all four of my grandkids are developing faith. That is so much better -- and more real -- than Disneyworld.

Snow White had seven friends. They have been called by a name that is offensive to some. I was wondering what my grandkids would call them. Avery told me they were the Hi-Hoes. Works for me. I like being sensitive to people who are different.

Hanging out with 4 grandkids in the pool is nerve-wracking these days -- esp. watching them go down the giant slides. All four of them love water, and Anna swims better than I do. I hope they do lots of things in life better than me. I kept thinking they will be stronger spiritually than me and I think that is good. After all, their parents are. And that is good. And I hope they are fearless spiritually.

They kids loved old Disney cartoons. Andrew and I watched them every night on Pop's bed. And we both laughed hysterically. Whatever else happens in life, there will be things that bond the generations together. For our clan, it will be Jesus more than anything else.

And most of all, I was struck by how Disney is based on illusions and slick marketing.

Jesus is real. I wish my world could know him like I do. So I may never go to Disneyworld again, but I get Jesus forever.

My ramblings and reflections on Disney and Jesus.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?