Thursday, June 03, 2010

 

Marsha retired...

Today was the last day and it is official. Marsha has retired from teaching. So I have gotten to spend quite a bit of time at school and district functions over the last few weeks. And I have to say... being "Marsha's husband" is a pretty good gig at these events. I really enjoyed what people said about her -- and very little of it was about her teaching.

Lots of "...how much I will miss her friendship." "Love your wife". Lots of stories of her ministry as a Mom to young teachers. Lots of stories of her marriage counseling and her spiritual guuidance. Reminded me again why I say come to me to hear about Jesus, go to Marsha to see Jesus.

Everyone wants to know what she is going to do since she is retiring so young. She is going to be Mimi to our 5 grandkids (Joe Don and Jamie are having their third in August). She is going to be daughter to our 4 parents. She wants to travel some with me. And she wants to do more shepherding, evangelism, discipling with me at Southern Hills. We do lots of that now, but as she says... it will be nice to do it when not so exhausted.

And for those of you who are asking if I am next...no. Our deal is that she retires early and I will work until I die or the Lord comes.

So if you see Marsha soon... give her a high five. She's earned it.

Comments:
Steve,
Please give Marsha our happy congratulations! Hope and pray she'll have many years to enjoy her grandkids and help y'all's folks and that she'll have lots of energy to keep you in line!
Thanks again for your very encouraging call the other day! Have a great time at Disney World!
Love in christ,
Richard
 
Wonderful! Praying for many more years of service for the both of you!

Karene
 
YEA!! for Marsha. Praying that she finds this an extremely rewarding phase of her life. I know she will!
Lois
 
Yeah! The day finally came! We are very excited for Mimi - hopefully this will mean we get more time with her (and you too, of course :) We're counting down the days until Disney World where we can really celebrate. Love ya'll!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?