Friday, August 13, 2010

 

Austin James Ridgell

Our fifth grandchild, Austin James Ridgell, arrived last Monday night at 10:30 p.m. This one has been different than the first 4. The first month of his life, Jamie had some issues early in her pregnancy that concerned us. Then last week, Austin got himself turned around and that caused some concern. Then Monday night, he had some respiratory issues that caused him to have to stay in the Neo-natal ICU. He is fine now -- as are Jamie and Joe Don -- and they are all home. So here are some of my thoughts.

I am so humbled to see the faith of my kids. We prayed lots for Jaimie and for Austin, but both JD and Jamie both maintained a confidence that God would deliver Austin and an assurance that God would still be God no matter what.

It is a helpless feeling as a parent when they take your kid to ICU. It is not any better when it's your grandkid.

Nice to have 4 great grandparents who are powerful prayer warriors and to know they were praying thru this whole process. Also nice to have a small group who pray for your kids as if they were theirs. And good to know my elder buddies were praying.

Watching your son hold his son's hand and talk to him and pray over him is an incredible experience. I couldn't get in to ICU so I snuck right up to the front door and prayed there. No one ever tried to move me away.

Touching to see the steady stream of church friend's coming by to see the new arrival.

Interesting to have one of their friend's recognize me from hearing me preach in Abilene. Said nice things. Told me what a great Bible class teacher JD is. Then admitted she never realized we were father and son. Interesting, but nice to hear. I think someday people will talk about JD, Andrew and Austin's teaching that way.

Jamie's tough.

I am a blessed man.

Thanks God.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?