Thursday, August 19, 2010

 

On hospitals and Jesus

My mother-in-law is in the hospital for a procedure on her back -- compressed vertebrae and a fracture from a fall. She has pain management issues so we are praying this works. And because I look for Jesus, I thought I would share where I saw him in the hospital this week.

I saw him in my in-laws. They hug every nurse. They tell everyone where they go to church. They hold hands after 65 years of marriage. There was Jesus.

I saw him in our Doctor. We go to church with Chad, but you have to love a Doctor who starts the discussion with "God will get you thru this", and ends it with "I love you."

I saw Jesus in the way Marsha takes care of her folks. It was a "God thing" that she retired this year.

I saw him in the way Julie our daughter came to sit with Granny and hold her hand.

I saw him in elders and preachers that came by to visit and pray.

And, not at the hospital but related, I saw him when the Southern Hills elders prayed for her last night.

And I saw him when Julie's husband Bobby mowed Grandpa's yard for him.

The hands and feet and eyes of Jesus were all over the hospital this week. I'm glad I could see him. Thanks Jesus.

So where did you see Jesus this week?

Comments:
Hi Steve,
I see God's love every week at the hospital, when total strangers offer love and compassion, and help to other strangers in need.

I see God's love when the hospital chaplin Kevin, consols and counsels total strangers who are losing a loved one. Each day this chaplin faces the challenge of dealing with death, and strangers whom he treats like family. Spend some time in an ICU waiting room and see God's love in action.

I see God's love in Anna one of many people who clean the hospital, her smile, her heart, and the love she has for God is remarkable, even more so, because she has no family here, and she is poor by most standerds but, she is a child of God. Her actions tell me this.

And I see God in his incrediable creation-the dog. I have seen them work in hospitals, nursing homes and watched as their gift of unconditional love touched the hardest,and the softest of hearts. This is the hand of God.God truly is everywhere.
Elle
 
Thanks for sharing. I will enjoy reading your thoughts.
Love you
Shirla
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?