Thursday, February 24, 2011

 

More reasons not to confess my sins...

I heard from several of you by comments on the blog or in person. Here are four more reasons I heard for why people do not want to confess their sins to others.

My sin is not safe (or acceptable). In other words, confess the sin that you do not pray as much as you should, but not the sin of beating your wife.

I will not be taken seriously. Maybe this is the reverse of the one above. A sin may be serious to you and compromising your walk with God, but be trivialized by others.

They do not really want to help. Once I confess my sin, I am expecting and needing help. Do people really want to invest in other's lives that much?

If I confess my sin to someone, everyone will find out. Whether it is because I think people don't like me and are looking for a chance to hurt me... or I just think everyone gossips, this is a real fear.

I am sure there are more, but thanks for sharing these.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?