Tuesday, March 01, 2011

 

Why I should confess my sins...

"Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed."
James 5: 16

We need help. I spent a lot of years trying to handle my sin and struggles by myself. Didn't go so well. Not from lack of commitment and trying, but we are designed for community. I needed others to pray for me. I needed my sin out of the darkness so I had accountability. More importantly, so others could impart forgiveness and grace. Healing starts with confession.

"If we claim to be without sin, we decieve ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives."
I John 1: 8-10

Well, we all are sinners. Confess it and he will forgive. He will purify. So to not confess my sin is to effectively claim to be sinless. Confession is the doorway to being cleansed from our unrighteousness.

Secret sin will destroy you. Confessed sin leads to healing. Seems like an easy choice.

I shared in my last couple of posts why it is difficult to confess our sins to each other. Over the next few I'll talk about how to make it easier.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?