Thursday, April 14, 2011

 

Core belief description

I found the key to my core belief -- and to the one Southern Hills has adopted -- in a statement from Paul. Here is his description from I Corinthians 15:1-3.



I am not sure there be anything more core than that.


And it is Jesus.


That is my core belief. That is the core belief of Southern Hills church of Christ (description, not a title). Everything in my life and in my church must be about Jesus. He is the doctrine. He is the program. He is life.


Next time I'll look at what Paul says about Jesus. But for now, Jesus is the most important, he is the key to salvation, he is the place where I stand, he is the foundation of the church, and he is the good news.


Comments:
As I read your post, I am reminded of the Christian churches I have attended, who believe the same scriptures.

My biggest concern is what seperates your church from other Christian churches.

Baptism is different among Christians, but Church of Christ is not the only church who does immersion baptism. Communion, most churches I have attended do so weekly.

So, to me and probably a lot of people the question becomes why worship with you?

P.S. My husband just walked up and said "Let me guess, Bible questions to Steve". I just answer "more of the same". It is a good thing!!
 
Hey Eloise,

By the time I finish this series you will see that I am pretty much a Jesus, baptism, Communion believer. Those are the core beliefs for me.

So I am trying to work on how we share these with non-believers, not convince believers to come worship with us.

I am happy to share with believers who have not processed these yet, but this is more a message from Christians to those who do not know Jesus.

The attraction for someone to come to any of our churches is that we love each other and that they can belong to community and be taken care of.

I like these discussions and questions. By the way, have you found a church home yet?
 
No, I have not, I googled Westover Hills, and found the site to be good.
The most imformative site so far has been "Who are the Churches of Christ"? by Batsell Barrett Baxter as far as information about doctrine.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?