Tuesday, April 26, 2011

 

What a core belief means in my life...

I belive that a core belief is more than just a set of doctines. It is not just what I beleive. It speaks to the core of who I am.

So if my core belief is Jesus, and specifically that he died for my sins and was raised from the dead, then what does that mean to me individually?

I made a conscious decision to participate in my core belief. I was baptized into the death of Jesus, I was buried with him, and raised to new life. Because I shared in his death, I will share in his resurrection. That is how Paul explained baptism in Romans 6. In Galatians 2, he writes of being crucified with Christ. Core belief that demands participation.

So when people ask what I believe, I don't just talk about something intellectual. My core belief is life. It is something that I can invite others to share in also.

In fact, you cannot "just" believe these facts about Jesus. You have to make a decision about him. To believe Jesus died for your sins and was raised from the dead demands a response.

I believe it, I have participated in it, I live it. And I will forever.

Comments:
you are invited to follow my blog
 
Hi Steve,
Reading the blogs I still come up with the same comment, that is your core beliefs are the same as all the Christian churches I have attended.

I have met many Christians who are not Church of Christ, who begin their day with "WWJD"(what would Jesus do) daily. These Christians are very family,and community orientated.

Obviously,the difference becomes the interpretation of the scriptures; man's vs. God's and how much liberty God going to allow.
 
Eloise, If there is a difference it would be that some are bothered by the baptism connection. Obviously, I am a baptism guy because I think it ties directly to our being crucified with Christ. It is God's business who He saves. I would never tell someone they were going to hell because they see things differently on baptism because I am not God, nor am I their judge. I would also never tell anyone they are saved even if they do not follow what I believe Scripture to say. Again, I am not God nor their judge. So I just believe I must do what God says, and I teach others what I believe God says.

Interesting discussion, huh?
 
Great discussion, miss the old Sunday school days!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?