Wednesday, June 01, 2011

 

Julie's birthday

Today is my daughter's birthday. I remember when these were family events with proud grandparents, cake and ice cream. Then they became occassions for slumber parties and trips with friends. And now she is a grown woman with a husband and two kids of her own. I love Julie so much and am very proud of her. So I reflected today on why I am happy to be her Dad. Maybe these thoughts will help you realize what matters with your kids.

She still loves her family. She talks to her Mom every day. Of course, Marsha talks to her Mom every day too. And I guess Avery will always talk to Julie every day. Maybe that's a good pattern. She is intentional about her marriage to Bobby and about raising Jake and Avery.

She loves Jesus. She is intense about her faith. She helped Bobby to know Jesus. The most important thing she wants to give to her kids is faith in Jesus. It was the most important thing we wanted to give her. That's another good pattern.

She loves her church. They don't just show up, they are involved. She loves her church friends, she loves her extended church family, she loves her nursery class, and she invites people to come visit.

Her job is an extension of her heart. She is a nurse. She loves helping people. Her students are not part of her job, they are part of her life.

She is a good wife who loves her husband and brought him to Jesus. She is a good Mom who loves her kids and is teaching them to love Jesus.

She is a good daughter who loves her Mom and Dad -- tho now we are Mimi and Pops. I love that we get to sit together at church with our four generations.

But above all, she is not just my daughter. She is the daughter of the King. And I think I am most proud of that. And in truth, that's about the only thing I care about. That she is faithful. Not perfect -- another pattern there -- but faithful. Faithful daughter, faithful wife, faithful Mom. Everything else is just a bonus.

Love you Jules. Proud of you and yours.

Comments:
Love to read about your family. Richard is "Pops" too.

Linda Blaisdell Doyle
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?