Monday, July 18, 2011

 

So my Avery turned four today...

Julie's little girl Avery turned four today. I love that girl. I know that is how grandparents are supposed to feel, but she just lights up the room. She is fearless. She will try anything in gymnastics or in the swimming pool. So she lives life a little on the edge. She adores her Mom, Dad, big brother, and her Mimi. She is loved by grandparents, aunts and uncles, and cousins. She is loved by four -- four! -- great-grandparents.

I like it that she is loved by her church family. I like the way our "church neighborhood" messes with her. I like that she has adopted grandparents, aunts and uncles, and cousins all over that auditorium.

I love to watch her sing with her Mommy and her Mimi during church. I love the way she is excited to give her money during the children's offering at church. I love it that last Sunday she brought one of her friends to church. Just like she did in VBS. I love it when she quotes her memory verse.

I don't know if she will do gymnastics, swim, cheerleading, or tennis in the future. I don't know how she will look at 10, 15, or 20. And I guess I don't really care.

I just want her to keep loving her family, keep her church family, love singing, learn those memory verses, and enjoy giving. I figure if she keeps those, everything else will turn out all right. Because those things are part of God's gift in her life.

Thanks God for a precious gift I don't deserve. She makes me a better Pops. I promise I'll help show her and tell of your love. And she can spend her life telling others.

So, Avery... I hope your Mom and Dad will read this to you on today -- your fourth birthday. You have brought so much joy into so many lives. Keep loving Jesus. You make me proud.

Comments:
Well I read this to Avery...she said how much she lovesimi and pops...all I am doing is crying! Yes, thank you God for a gift I don't deserve. I'm so glad I'm her mommy!!!
 
We do daily pops! Thank you!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?