Wednesday, August 03, 2011

 

Anna is 6 today.

Today our oldest grandchild turns 6. Anna Claire changed our world. She has been the pacesetter for the other four grandchildren. I know every grandparent will say this, but... she is smart, pretty, and so self confident.

I love it when she sits on the counter with Mimi to make breakfast. I love it that she sometimes makes me "Popsie" instead of just Pops. I love to watch her run. She is a natural. so graceful.

But my favorite thing about our Anna Claire is that she loves to sing Jesus songs. From the time she was about 2, she has had a favorite song we like to sing. Right now it is the Revelation Song, tho she calls it the Holy, Holy, Holy song. I love that her Abilene cousins talk about visiting "Anna's church".

I like the way she organizes the other grandkids. She is a great boss. She is the independent grandchild. She can entertain herself with books and colors and is OK with being by herself.

So Anna, you will always be a success in the world's eyes because you are smart and beautiful. But you keep singing Jesus songs because that is why you will always be succesful in God's eyes. Use your persuasive ability to bring others to Jesus. Keep your individuality to walk in God's path. no matter what everyone wants to do.

I love you.

So thank you God for Anna Claire. She has brought joy into lots of lives. Especially that of her Mimi and Pops.

P.S. Even tho you are really smart, your Mom and Dad may have to read this to you.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?