Tuesday, August 30, 2011

 

Another God story....

I got to witness a new birth one Thursday night recently. And, as we always do, we did a baptisimal blessing for Ben this last Sunday. You need to know his story.

It started about two years ago. At least that's when I got involved. Glen and Connie stopped me during the Garden of Prayer one Sunday morning and asked if I would pray with their grandkids. They had started bringing them to church and wanted them to know Jesus. After a few months, their granddaughter decided to become a Christian. Her mother and one of our elder's wives -- Hymonda -- were visiting at the baptism.

Hymonda told the story of her conversion. She talked about her Mom had come to see her baptized, and decided that she needed to accept Jesus also. And how that family heritage has continued now into the fourth generation. So Pam, Glen's daughter, decided that was a great idea and she was baptized too.

Ben is Pam's son. He had been coming to church and got involved with some of our youth, studied with Ricky and decided to follow Jesus also.

The power of stories. God writing stories. Believers sharing their story with family. Stories playing out over years. Ricky and Phil, two of our ministers, sharing God's Word. Elders praying. Jesus saving.

There will be more stories like Ben's. Even now there are believers sharing their story, inviting friends and family to make their story part of God's never ending story.

Go God.

Comments:
God is great indeed! prayer is such a powerful thing. about a month ago, i was kinda in a slump sellin cars, so one morning I prayed like i always do before i go too work,I prayed for my family and friends, and I prayed too sell 3 or 4 cars that day. well guess what, I sold 4 that day!!! In times of lonelyness and sadness, All I have left is God! Thank u Steve and have Blessed Day! Mark Sanchez
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?