Wednesday, November 16, 2011

 

I spent the weekend with some life changers...

I got to spend last weekend with several people I love and admire because they are life changers -- both in their own lives but in the lives of others. Did a seminar at Shiloh Road in Tyler and here are some of the people I got to see.

Joe and Juanita Ridgell. My folks. Spent the night with them on the way to Tyler. My dad is battling early dementia but still love seeing them. Appreciate my Mom and the way she patiently takes care of my Dad. Loved hearing my Dad talk about how elders and churches should pray more. I have such a great heritage.

Lou and Eppie Elmore. Saw them on the way to Tyler, then they came to Shiloh to hear me preach. Lou is a cancer survivor and Ep just had part of one leg amputated. They both have a great attitude. They have spent their life serving people and sharing Jesus with everyone they know. Great servants.

Shiloh Road elders and wives. I love elders who wrestle with radically buying into reaching people for Jesus. And what it means for them, their staff, and their flock.

Tim and Denise Henderson. Been a youth minister at Shiloh for almost 20 years. Tim was in my youth group a long, long time ago and I baptized her. Always knew he would do great things in the kingdom. Priviledged to present them an award from ACU camps. Watched their congregation give them a standing ovation.

Charles and Deanne Smith. I have known Charlie for over 50 years. Baptized her. Love Charles for what he has meant to the kingdom and to Shiloh, but even more because he is willing to do whatever it takes in his life to follow Jesus faithfully.

Mark and Judy Edge. Love people who live to bring others to Jesus. Not just preach about it. Years in Argentina as church planters. Adopted two precious kids so they could have a different life. Now at Shiloh preaching as much with his life and family as he does with his mouth. Awesome.

Marsha Ridgell. She went with me on this trip. More popular than I am. Still the most fun person to hang out with and still my best friend. Still likes my preaching. Still loves me.

I went to inspire, motivate, encourage, and equip people to share Jesus by telling stories. I got more out of it than they did. Hanging out with people who have great stories.

Thanks God. It doesn't get much better than last weekend.

Comments:
More and more I believe we (I, really) have often missed/limited God's amazing. non-linear, eternal perspective. He gives us opportunities to bless and minister - but in turn WE are blessed and ministered TO. He puts an opportunity in front of ue. If we accept it, WE get the blessing. He doesn't NEED us in any way, shape or form. But when we live out the things he OFFERS to LET us do, we reap the benefits of a life more like the one He wants for us. You went to minister, bless, encourage, work, and you may have done that. But the blessings flow multiple direction. THAT amazes me. - David Wright, San Jose, CA
 
It's Saturday, Nov. 19, and we're still receiving positive comments from the weekend. Thanks Steve (and Marsha.) :)

Incidentally, Steve, hurry up and write that book. We've got some folks here ready to read it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?