Monday, January 09, 2012

 

Jake is 6 today...

Today is Jake's birthday. He is Julie and Bobby's oldest, my second grandchild (Anna beat him by five months), and my first grandson. Every grandparent loves their grandkids and are proud of them. But I think it is important that they know some of the reasons why we love them and are proud of them. So here goes...

Jake loves God. He likes going to church. He wants to give his own money to help kids around the world. He memorizes Scripture. He sings praise songs. He wants to tell people about Jesus. He prays for all of his family but especially for Pops when I am out preaching.

He loves his family. I don't just mean his parents and grandparents, but he loves his great grandparents. He talks about them and prays for them. He loves his cousins. Anna is his buddy and he talks about how important it is to teach Andrew and Austin about how to be a big boy.

He adores his sister. We told him we would take him out to eat for his birthday. His first question was if Avery could come too. He is protective of her. I love that when I asked him what he wanted for Christmas, he said he wanted to buy a present for Avery.

I love that he wants to help Ms. Rita who lives down the street. She goes to church with us and he reminds me that she needs him to be her friend because her husband, Mr. John, has already gone to heaven.

He likes to shake hands with Mr. Don at church. Mr. Don has the land behind Jake's house.

He likes to high five Ms. Joyce and the ladies that sit behind us at church.

So he has good people skills, he really likes people, he treats everyone well, and he loves God.

I think he will help a lot of people to know Jesus better. Including his Pops.

So Jake I love you and I am proud of you. God is going to do amazing things thru you.

Comments:
Thanks for making mommy cry! Thank you Pops for the amazing influence you have on Jake....he has such a sweet and tender spirit! I LOVE him so!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?