Tuesday, March 06, 2012

 

Our daughter Jamie had a birthday last week...

Last week our Jamie had a birthday and I've been thinking how much she has blessed our family. So I thought I'd share what makes Jamie so special to me.

First of all, she is my daughter. We have two girls: Julie by birth and Jamie by marriage, but Jamie is just not an in-law. She treats us with as much love and care as she does her own parents.

I love her because of the wife she is to Joe Don. They are still silly in love and she works very hard at their relationship. If I had constucted the perfect mate for JD, she would be very much like Jamie. Spiritual, smart, beautiful.

I love her because of the Mommy she is. She is so patient and gentle with Anna, Andrew, and Austin. She delighhts in being a Mom. I know she must get frazzled and rattled sometimes, but she never shows it.

She's a good sister to Julie. I like that they are friends and not just sister-in-laws. Though it has taken both of them -- and Mimi -- to train Joe Don. :) She's a fun Aunt Jamie to Jake and Avery.

She is so good to the four grandparents. She makes an effort to include them, to visit them, and to keep them in the family loop.

I really believe she would do anything she could for us. By the way Jamie, I suspect this theory will be tested over the next 20 or 30 years... so good luck.

I really can't imagine our family without Jamie. It just wouldn't be right. So God did a great thing when he put Joe Don and Jamie together. And I am thankful.

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Thank you Pops for the sweet tribute to me! I am humbled beyond words. What an honor and a blessing it is to be part of the Ridgell family. Marrying your son was no doubt the second best decision I have ever made. Thank you for loving me like a daughter and not an in- law. Love you!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?