Thursday, April 05, 2012

 

Happy birthday Mimi Marsha

Tomorrow is Marsha's birthday. Here are just some of the people who are thankful she is in their life.

Her husband -- me: She is the perfect compliment to me. She is calm when I am excited, mad, or worried. She loves me. She takes care of me. She enjoys our life together. God knew what He was doing when He put us together.

The kids: Julie and Joe Don (and Bobby and Jamie): She is a great Mom. She listens, loves, helps, prays, and is so proud of her kids.

The Grandkids (Anna, Jake, Avery, Andrew, and Austin): one of the absolute greatest joys of her life is being Mimi. She spoils them, loves them, prays for them, keeps them, and likes nothing more than being their Mimi. And Cousin's Camp is legendary.

The parents: Both my folks and hers. She does so much for her parents. She spends hours helping them be able to stay in their home and be independent. She manages, laughs, explains, and helps them navigate the next phases of life. She spends hours helping my Mom figure out what to do to care for my Dad. She would do -- and does -- anything for any of the four.

Her friends: Her friends love being with her. They seek her advice, covet her prayers, and love her joy.

Her "daughters": She is a great role model. She has been an excellent daughter, wife, mother, and Mimi. And there have been untold numbers of college girls and young wives who have watched her life... and copied it.

Our neighbors: She is a good neighbor. She keeps up with everyone's family and what is going on.

Our flock: She is a good elder's wife. She cares. She prays. She cooks. She listens. She cries. She hugs.

Above all, she loves Jesus.

So happy birthday Mimi. We are all thankful every day for you.

Comments:
Wonderful and perfect! She is an amazing friend to me...and I do covet both of your prayers...help me get through tough times!
 
Marsha,

To the good and caring person I knew 30 years ago, I wish you love, and happiness always.

You continued to look for opportunities to show God's love at every turn in your life. The world is a better place, because you are in it.
 
Marsha,

Love and best wishes,today and always,the world is a better place because you are in it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?