Thursday, May 03, 2012

 

And now Happy Birthday Granny

Tomorrow Marsha's Mom turns 84.  I don't call her my mother-in-law but "my other Mom".  I love her because...

She loves her family.  All of them, but she is really close to the three generations of women coming behind her.  She talks to Marsha every day.  She loves Julie and one of the great joys of her life is to watch Julie and Avery.  It is one of the great joys of my life to worship with those four generations -- at least when I am in town.

She loves when Joe Don and Jamie are in town and take the time to bring their three kids over.  She loves watching them play.

She is always sweet and calm.  She never gets too worked up about things. 

She is strong.  She is in fairly constant pain but doesn't complain about it. 

She wants everyone to know Jesus and be happy.

She doesn't talk much about her faith.  She just lives it.  Has as long as I have known her.

She knows she is going to heaven and is ready when God is.  I sometimes think the pain is bad enough for her to want to go on home.  But she spends her time encouraging , praying, and loving Marsha, Julie, and Avery.  The rest of us too, but well... they are special to her. 

She needs our help now.  Marsha's sister Phyllis lives next door and helps constantly.  Shse and Granpa are sweet to take care of each other.  She is proud of Donnie's grandkids (Marsha's brother).  She gets so much joy from Joe Don and his family. 

She brags on Julie's husband Bobby.  She prayed lots for him to become a Christian.  She so appreciates when he does things at the farm and when he helps with the yard.

And she loves me.  Some of that is because I married her little girl and gave her grandkids she loves and they gave her great grandkids.  That is a big deal. 

But she has always treated me just like I was her son.  Even when she had a reason not to.  She did.  Still does. 

Just like Jesus.  Living her faith.  I see where Marsha gets it.  And I'm glad.

Love you Granny.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?