Wednesday, May 30, 2012

 

My little girl is having a birthday...

OK.  I know Julie is not exactly my "little girl" as if she is still running around in Kindergarten.  She is grown, married, and her two kids are 4 and 6.  But Friday is her birthday and no matter how old she gets, she is still Daddy's girl.  She can still talk me into anything she wants, she is still one of the all-time great "eye rollers", and she still loves her Daddy.

And I love her.  So in anticipation of her birthday, here is why I still love my little girl.

She loves Jesus.  Always has.  She went thru tough times spiritually but never quit loving God and Jesus.  Never quit worshipping.  Can't imagine she ever will.

She loves her family.  She loves Bobby.  She loves Jake and Avery.  Her favorite thing to do in life is hang out with her family.  And she is teaching them to love Jesus.

She taught her husband Bobby to love Jesus.

She loves her extended family.  She adores her grandparents, especially Granny.  She loves her brother fiercely even to this day.  So I'm glad she loves Jamie like a sister.  and she loves their kids.  She is a great Aunt -- even tho Andrew always wonders why she has to steal all his kisses.

She loves her church family.  She is loyal to Southern Hills.  She cries over people in trouble.  She is excited to help her friends find community there. 

She is great at telling people about Jesus.  And they listen.  Roommates, teammates, guys she dated, friends have all come to Jesus thru her influence.  She cares, she helps when people are in trouble, and she tells them where they can find help.  Then she invites them to church so they can meet Jesus.

She is a great encourager.  You know how Dads are suppossed to encourage their kids and help them hang in there.  Well, Julie does that for me.  She inspires me to be a better Christian, better husband, better Dad, and better elder.

So happy birthday to Daddy's little girl.  You make me happy.  Love you.

 

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?