Thursday, June 07, 2012

 

Why I love my son-in-law...

Today is Bobby's birthday and, as usual, I am going to write about why I love him.  I do that for every family member on their birthday and on anniversaries.  I do it so they know why I love them.  It reminds me why I love them.  And maybe it will remind you to tell your family why you love them.

So here are three quick reasons why I love Bobby.

He decided to follow Jesus because it was his choice.  Not because he was married to Julie or because I was a preacher.  And now he is teaching Jake and Avery to follow Jesus.  He will let it be their choice.

He's cooking 500 hot dogs for VBS Saturday.

He loves Rita.  Rita is a widow in our church family and she lives down the street from Julie and Bobby.  Bobby takes care of her yard.  He takes Jake and Avery down to visit.  Real religion is to care for widows.  He does.

Bobby coaches Jakes's little league team.  The team sponsor made booklets for all the kids for the season.  On the coach page she thanked Bobby for always asking the kids if they know Jesus.

He has a team prayer before every game.

And he helps me take care of Granny and Granpa's yard.  He helps me up at the family farm. 

And he loves my daughter and my grandkids.

I know if something happens to me, he will take care of Mimi. 

So happy birthday Bobby.

I look forward to watching what God will do in you and in our family in the coming years.

Love you.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?