Tuesday, July 10, 2012

 

JD and Jamie

While I was in Tennessee this past week or so, Joe Don and Jamie celebrated their twelve year anniversary.  And here is what I thought about when I realized it.

God knows what he is doing.  They are really, really well matched.  They make a great team.

Grandkids are great.  Anna was our first and so she will always be special.  Andrew stole my heart from the day he was born.  I suspect Austin will be our last and that makes him special.  I love the way my kids parent.  So intentional.

The future will be awesome.  I cannot help but be excited about what God will do with the Joe Don Ridgell family.  He has great plans for them and they are open to his leading, so it will be amazing.

They have an open heart and an open door for people. 

They love lots, laugh lots, pray lots, and worship lots. 

So I'm glad God gave Jamie to Joe Don.  It really is a marriage made in heaven.

And for those counting, our three generations of marriage -- 5 families -- now have 189 years of living marriage.  What an awesome thing for my grandkids to know about some day.  Great examples. 

So again today, I say thanks to God for blessing me so much more than I could ever have dreamed.  And certainly more than I deserve.

Thanks Jamie for picking my son.  And JD ... you did good.  :)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?