Tuesday, August 07, 2012

 

Anna Claire, our oldest grandchild is 7

It was tough enough watching the kids get older.  Now it's the grandkids.  Anna Claire Ridgell is seven now. She is Joe Don and Jamie's oldest and will be in first grade this year.

And I love her and am proud of her.  So Anna, here are some of the reasons why.

You love God.  I am so happy when I hear you pray.  I love to hear your sweet voice when you sing praise songs.

You love your family.  Not just your Mom and Dad, but your grandparents and great-grandparents.  I love the special relationship you and Mimi have.  One of my greatest memories will be of watching you sitting on the cabinet helping Mimi cook.  And I love watching movies and cartoons with you.

You love your brothers.  I know they drive you crazy but you hug them, watch out for them, and protect them.

You love your cousins.  I like knowing you and Jake talk on the phone.  Avery wants to be just like you and you are a good role model.  I can't wait to see your friendship with them grow.

You love children that are not as blessed as you.  You give up things that are important to you so that others can be blessed.

You are so generous.  I am proud of how you spend the money you earn at Cousin's Camp.  You want to take your family to eat, you give some back to Mimi because you appreciate how much she does, and you give most of it to the children's offering at church.

I love seeing the joy on your face when you run to the door to greet Mimi and Pops.

So Anna, I don't know what all you will do in the future.  You are loving, friendly, smart, athletic, and pretty.  But one thing I do believe.  Whatever you do, it will be because you love God.

Pops loves you and is so proud of the girl you are becoming.  You may not be our little girl any more, but you are still our special Anna Claire.  God will do great things with you and through you.

Thanks God for the gift of Anna Claire.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?